I have been tagged by Gretel and have to divulge six weird things about me; I'll be honest, I'm struggling, and partly because one person's idea of weird might be another person's everyday normality. So bear with me for a sec, whilst I try and dredge up some vaguely interesting, if not necessarily that weird facts about moi...
1. I can turn my tongue right over - there are no real practical benefits in being able to do this, but it does freak out the children.
2. I have one leg (the left one) shorter than the other - I was born with dislocated hips, which lead to a leg length discrepancy, and after a couple of operations as a child the difference is no where near as great as it was. I still walk with a limp, though. And I have two fabulous scars, that look like fat centipedes, one on each hip. Also great for freaking out children.
3. I can tie a knot in a cherry stalk with my tongue, à la Audrey Horne in Twin Peaks - I'm not sure whether this is too closely related to weird thing number 1 to count as a separate item, but since it's my blog and I write the rules, AND I'm struggling for weirdness, it'll have to do!
4. My home is either really, really tidy, or really, really messy - there is no happy medium. I am at my most content after a good clean through - mess makes me low, but I find it a constant battle to try and stay tidy. I'm sure I'm not alone in this...
5. I don't like hotels. Even really 'nice' ones. I would much rather be at home. I find being in a hotel, even with people I love, a very isolating experience, and I am always itching to get back home.
6. I am pedantic about spelling and grammar to the point of being anally retentive, bit I freely admit it, and I try not to let it affect my daily life too much!!! And I realise that by posting this I am laying myself wide open to criticism from other grammar pedants/enthusiasts, but so be it...!!!
There, that wasn't so bad, but I don't know how weird any of the above could be classed as being. I have, in the spirit of these blessed things, to tag six lovely fellow bloggers, so I'm tagging Debbie, Fiona, Sue, Maria, Kirsty and Rena :) - sorry dolls, I don't know if any of you have already been tagged - don't feel obliged!!